By Kathy Bazoian Phelps
The NAFER 2017 Conference is shaping up to be the best ever. It will take place on October 18 – 20, 2017 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Miami, Florida.
The Receiver’s Training Camp is back by popular demand and has been extended by one hour to include an Introduction to International Issues. Both experienced and unexperienced receivers, as well as professionals in the field, have praised the Training Camp as offering practical insights that are not immediately obvious even to the most seasoned professionals. This year, the Training Camp will cover the “Second Quarter,” addressing the next wave of issues that hit after the rush of the first week has past. Topics relating to Asset Identification, Asset Recovery and Asset Disposition will be covered in depth at the 3-hour Training Camp on October 18, 2017.
The main conference on October 19 and 20 will also be packed with informative and practical programs. The panels will include:
- Pursuing Claims Against Professionals, Fiduciaries, and Other Deep Pockets
- Keys to a Cost-Effective Receivership: When to Hold ‘Em & When to Fold ‘Em
- Taxing Questions for the Federal Equity Receiver: Qualified Settlement Funds, Final Tax Returns, Avoiding Personal Liability and Others
- Fraud Vectors in the Receivership Universe
- Avoiding Turf Wars in Parallel Receiverships and Forfeiture Proceedings
- Judges’ Panel
The panels will be filled with regulators, judges, and experienced receivers and professionals to discuss the issues of most concern to federal equity receivers. Check out the latest news about the conference and register at www.nafer.org.