The National Association of Federal Equity Receivers (NAFER) is made up of leading professionals who work in the area of receivership, insolvency, bankruptcy, restructuring and international asset recovery.
NAFER’s mission is to be the preeminent organization for federal equity receivers, their professionals, and others seeking to become involved in federal equity receivership work. NAFER is dedicated to providing excellent receivership education and networking opportunities and instilling confidence in those selecting NAFER receivers and their professionals.
1) Provide a forum for receiver and the professionals who support them to share solutions on legal and practical issues they face.
2) Provide educational programs and networking opportunities through regional meetings, an annual national conference and special international events.
3) Develop a set of "best practices" and ethical standards for equity receivers.
4) Improve the quality, efficiency, and harmonization of receiver practices.
5) Create a repository of legal research and briefs on topics commonly faced by receivers.
6) Instill confidence among federal agencies and the judiciary in the skills and expertise of NAFER members.
MEMBERSHIP: NAFER serves as a resource for providers of professional services, such as expert witnesses, attorneys, forensic accountants, auction houses, document managers, appraisers, and property managers. Members are expected to actively participate in advancing the goals of the association by serving on committees, contributing information to the legal brief bank, model documents and website, and exchanging ideas with other members.
ANNUAL CONFERENCE: The annual conference is the highlight of the year for NAFER. Each year, the planning committee brings together top experts from across the country and – now – from around the world. You can find out more about this year's annual conference in beautiful Scottsdale, AZ at the Omni Montelucia. Check out our 2019 Conference page for all the details. We look forward to seeing you there!