The National Association of Federal Equity Receivers (NAFER) is made up of leading professionals who work in the area of receivership, insolvency, bankruptcy, restructuring and international asset recovery. Our mission is to provide a forum for federal equity receivers and the professionals who support them to consult with one another regarding the legal and practical issues they face in order to develop best practices and common solutions. By improving the quality, standardization, and expertise in the receivership field, NAFER makes it possible for those choosing receivers to do so with confidence.
1) Provide a forum for receiver and the professionals who support them to share solutions on legal and practical issues they face.
2) Provide educational programs and networking opportunities through regional meetings, an annual national conference and special international events.
3) Develop a set of "best practices" and ethical standards for equity receivers.
4) Improve the quality, efficiency, and harmonization of receiver practices.
5) Create a repository of legal research and briefs on topics commonly faced by receivers.
6) Instill confidence among federal agencies and the judiciary in the skills and expertise of NAFER members.
MEMBERSHIP: NAFER serves as a resource for providers of professional services, such as expert witnesses, attorneys, forensic accountants, auction houses, document managers, appraisers, and property managers. Members are expected to actively participate in advancing the goals of the association by serving on committees, contributing information to the legal brief bank, model documents and website, and exchanging ideas with other members.
ANNUAL CONFERENCE: The annual conference is the highlight of the year for NAFER. Each year, the planning committee brings together top experts from across the country and – now – from around the world. Highlights from the 2017 program included the addition of a "Receiver Training Camp," a panel presentation by NAFER's founding, past and current presidents. Each brought "scores of tips from the Federal Equity Receiver Playbook" to the attendees. The addition of this program was so well received last year that it has been expanded to include international issues this year. You can find details about this year's Receivership Training Camp, along with all of the other top-notch educational programs, see Conferences and Events. We look forward to seeing you there!